Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Birthday Wishes

Today is SRH’s 32nd birthday. Birthdays are typically times of celebration, but at our house, it’s a wee bit more complicated than that. But really, it’s not my story so I won’t tell it here, but if you are interested, you can read it here – from the horse’s mouth, so to speak.

So, instead of wishing SRH a happy birthday – which I know he won’t really have anyway – I thought I’d just share some of my wishes for him in the upcoming year.

(Drum roll please)

MY WISHES FOR SRH IN HIS 32ND YEAR

(Which is actually his 33rd year since ages 0-1 do count as a year, but you see where I’m going with this.)

I wish for you…

  • Creativity and fulfillment in all that you do
  • A happy and healthy son – since this is a long shot, I mean who would be happy with us as parents and his health being what it is, how about I wish you 1/3 less hospital visits for Zane in the upcoming year? That just may be doable.
  • A good night’s sleep
  • Friendships with other guys who like soccer (not that you don’t count, ACW)
  • A healthy set of teeth - because who wants to make extra trips to the dentist and plus, those trips are expensive
  • Knowledge of your genetic history and the ability to blackmail your parents with this information
  • Occasions to wear your kilt – besides at your next wedding
  • A new house – oh please, oh please, let our house sell
  • A trip to someplace beautiful
  • Wealth, Cash, Moola – It’s just a wish. It doesn’t have to be realistic.
  • Much love and affection – Zane and I are already on this one, but we’re only two small people. Oh sure, there’s my mom and your family, but I want even more for you.

And just so we’re clear on this day when you came into the world, I adore you. For me there is You. Only You. Always You.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are just too cute. so cute. cute. cute. cute.

SRH said...

Zany Mama:

You are the absolute best. At the risk of sounding equally sappy

I just want to spend more time with you.

Zany Mama said...

anon-
Should I determine your identity...I will cut you. My "cute" self will cut you.

srh-
Occasional sappiness may be what keeps us together. (Okay, now I totally want to burst into captain and tenille singing, but I'll restrain myself).

Zany Mama said...

Zinger Zapper -
Ugh. If you are going to wantonly throw yourself at my husband, please do it on his blog,