Monday, July 02, 2007

"Meme" is the word

Both Zany Mama and I were tagged by people to do this here meme. The “8 Things” meme has been flying around the web like wildfire. Mommy Blogs, Quilting Blogs, FanFic Blogs, Cigar Blogs, PoliSci Blogs, Comic Book Blogs, and even Spammish Marketing Blogs have all been infected with this meme. Zany Mothering and Under Construction were sadly not immune. But Wifey and I have decided to buck tradition and do things our own way, damnit! So we decided to post 8 things about each other on each other’s respective blogs. So, without further ado, 8 things about my wife.

Here are the previous rules:

Here are the rules:
-list 8 facts/habits about yourself My Partner
-post the rules at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed

-tag 8 people and post their names, go to their blogs and leave them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and ask them to read your blog.

Things About Me:my partner:

Thing the first: Zany Mama hates listening to commentators during sporting events, even though she loves watching the human interest stuff that obscures the Olympics. Hey, color commentary is just that “human interest” crap without the extra pictures and schmaltzy music.

Thing the second: Occasionally she loses all sense of impulse control. This typically happens around me and annoying behaviors. For example she once gave me a “wet-willy” and was surprised that she actually had done it (so she says…).

“I… I… couldn’t stop myself…” Yeah, sure

Thing the third: When she gets seriously stressed/scared she sometimes finds herself laughing hysterically. In many ways it makes her look a bit insane. Many ways…

Thing the fourth: Zany Mama hates replacing the toilet paper roll. I know that is usually a guy thing, but it is true.

Thing the fifth: Wifey loves the movie, “The Clash of the Titans.” This is something that has been mentioned previously on my blog via one of my “20 Questions Tuesday” posts, but most of you folk don’t read my drivel and especially don’t read my archives. ---- Just between you and me, I don’t blame you. I ramble and prattle too much for my own good.---- Sure, sure, some of you know this stuff but most people don’t.

**Author’s Note: Holy Shnikies, this meme is hard!**

Thing the sixth: She will stay in bed for hours after she realizes that she needs to pee. The bathroom is 20 steps away from the bed.

Thing the seventh: She prefers to sleep naked. I prefer her to sleep naked as well. (Who wouldn't?)

Thing the eighth: Zany Mama hates the sound of Legos. Not the sounds of Lagos, but that is only because she has not experienced the sounds of Lagos.

Thanks for reading

& I tag no one.... ever. That's just how I roll.

--SRH

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I *love* Clash of the Titans.

Zany Mama said...

Riley-
I somehow knew you would.

All-
Just for clarification, while I greatly prefer to sleep in the nude, co-sleeping for the past 3.5 years has significantly curbed this habit.

Joyce said...

I clicked here from Riley's page.

I just want to say that I'm with you all the way on number 6. I usually say, "I need to pee," and then just lie there. My guy needs to shove me out of the bed before I'll move. I don't know why that is... the bathroom just seems so far!

Sue said...

I'm with you - peeing is a huge waste of time! Especially when you're all comfy in bed. Oh, hubby would love me to sleep naked too.

Thanks for the grewat list SRH.

Zany Mama said...

joyce-
I appreciate that you and your bladder of iron stopped by. It's good to be among friends. :)

sue-
It simply doesn't make sense to me - I could get up out of a nice, warm, comfortable bed OR I could simply roll over and forget about the peeing thing for a few hours.

That is a no-brainer.

Anonymous said...

Hear me, vain and foolish mortal woman! How dare you compare your daughter's beauty to mine, and in my own sacred sanctuary. You will repent your boast.

(And if you don't know what that's from, then I seriously dispute "Thing the Fifth".)

SRH said...

Was that from memory?!? Well-played Ms Lsig, well played, indeed.